UE Local 170 has become the largest, non-teaching public workers' union in West Virginia because we are aggressively fighting for state employees and are involving members in the fight to win better wages, working conditions, and dignity on the job.
State and federal laws, including the U.S. Constitution, protect your right to organize, support, and join UE Local 170, including:
- Participate in meetings to discuss joining and building the Union.
- Organize or persuade other employees to join the Union, sign Union cards, or jointly file grievances or complaints to resolve workplace problems.
- Distribute, read and discuss Union literature, as long as it does not interfere with your work.
Benefits of Membership
- Representation and real help if you face discipline or unfairness.
- A Voice at Work to raise employee concerns and fight for change.
- A Voice at the Legislature on issues that impact public employees.
- Solidarity and support from workers statewide and nationwide.
- A National Newspaper and state newsletters to keep you informed.
It's Easy to Join